Back pain is all too common, and a condition that can easily disrupt your daily routine. If back pain impacts your life and you live or work in and around St Charles, MO, Dr. Felicity Keough-Bligh and Dr. Michelle Mashinter of Keough Chiropractic can help you find relief from back pain so you can get back to what you enjoy in a pain-free way.
Back Pain Symptoms
Back pain is unmistakable, although the symptoms may vary from person to person and include -
- Dull/sharp discomfort
- Muscle spasms in either the back or legs
- Sore/achy/stiff muscles
- Reduced range of motion
- Tingling that radiates down your legs
- Weakness or numbness in the legs/feet
- It is challenging to stand up straight or walk
It is essential to seek medical attention/evaluation for your back pain symptoms if the symptoms persist for more than several weeks or continue to worsen and do not improve.
Top Chiropractic Treatments for Back Pain
Treatment options for back pain relief will vary by individual and the underlying cause of the pain. At Keough Chiropractic, we offer gentle chiropractic care, instrument adjustments and the Webster technique for pregnancy.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can happen for many reasons. In addition to injuring your back or years of poor posture, the following may also contribute to back pain and discomfort -
- Arthritis or a Degenerative Disorder Osteoarthritis refers to a degenerative condition of the cartilage. Another example of a degenerative disorder is spinal stenosis. Rheumatoid arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis are autoimmune conditions that cause inflammation and back pain.
- A Muscle Strain or Ligament Sprain Moving awkwardly or placing stress by repetitive motions of lifting objects has the potential to fray or overstretch the back muscles and ligaments. A strain or sprain is likely to happen to those in poor physical condition.
- A Ruptured or Bulging Discs The spine's discs located between each vertebra provide a cushion for the spine; however, they can bulge, which can cause back pain due to pressure on a nearby nerve.
- Osteoporosis The condition known as osteoporosis refers to a bone disorder in which the bones become porous, making them brittle and prone to breaking or fracture. The spine's vertebrae have the potential to develop painful breaks if affected by osteoporosis.
Get Back Pain Relief Today From a Leading St Charles, MO Chiropractor.
If you live/work in the greater St Charles, MO area and seek back pain relief, contact Dr. Keough-Bligh or Dr. Mashinter at Keough Chiropractic online or at 636-244-4994. We look forward to customizing a chiropractic treatment plan to get you back to life's simple pleasures.