A migraine is an extremely painful and throbbing headache usually accompanied by sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, and vomiting. Migraines are categorized as primary headaches, which means that the migraine is the core problem and not an indicator of an underlying problem. In contrast, secondary headaches are symptoms of underlying health issues.
Migraines can last anywhere between a couple of hours to several days, and the pain can range from excruciating to debilitating. If you’re struggling with migraines in St. Charles, MO, it’s of utmost importance that you seek the care you need immediately.
Unaddressed migraines can lower your productivity and adversely affect your overall well-being. The sooner you get treatment for migraines near you, the faster you can go back to feeling like your old self again.
What Causes Migraines?
Scientists and medics have yet to agree on what causes migraines. However, it’s thought that genetic and environmental factors play a role in predisposing one to migraine attacks. In particular, migraines are closely associated with:
- Hormonal changes, especially in women during pregnancy, menopause, and menstrual periods.
- Excessive consumption of caffeinated drinks.
- Sleep problems.
- Harsh sensory stimuli such as loud sounds and bright lights.
- Certain foods and food additives.
- Certain medications.
- Weather changes.
- Physical overexertion.
Our chiropractors in St. Charles, MO, take time to understand various aspects concerning you, your health, lifestyle, and your immediate environment. We’ll ask about your everyday habits, diet, ongoing health concerns and medications, and other relevant information that can help us arrive at the root cause of your migraine issues.
Our chiropractors may also order blood work to get a better view of your physiological health. After a thorough assessment, our chiropractors near you move on to recommending the most appropriate treatment for your unique needs.
Our Treatment Process
A body that is out of balance is vulnerable to numerous health issues, including migraines. At Keough Chiropractic, our objective is to return your body to its most optimal state through safe, drug-free, and non-invasive treatments. This way, the body can heal and rejuvenate itself from the inside out, resulting in long-term wellness.
Our chiropractic team may recommend various interventions to help with your migraines. These include:
- Chiropractic adjustments for spinal realignment. A well-aligned spine is vital for optimal central nervous system function. Chiropractic adjustments also reduce muscle tension, which is a trigger migraines.
- Lifestyle adjustments. These can help to reduce exposure to migraine triggers.
- Nutritional counseling. What you eat can make you more susceptible to migraines. Our team is well-versed in developing personalized and practical diet recommendations.
Recurrent migraines can stop you from living your best life. Pain medications, lying down, and hoping for the best can only do so much. For long-term relief from migraines, get in touch with Keough Chiropractic today to arrange an assessment with our chiropractors near you.