What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture has been a technique performed in Chinese Medicine for over thousands of years. The technique is performed by inserting fine needles into specific points along our bodies called, meridians.
Stimulating these points result in restoring proper energy and function. The goal of Acupuncture is to promote natural healing and health within one’s body. Acupuncture can be used to aid a variety of conditions: musculoskeletal conditions, chronic pain, headaches, migraines, pregnancy related conditions, infertility, and much more.
How does acupuncture work?
Acupuncture, chiropractic and functional medicine boost the immune system and encourage the body to function properly. It is also thought, that the needles stimulate production of neurotransmitters like serotonin and noradrenalin; which has a tremendous effect on mood disorders like anxiety, depression, and stress. Acupuncture is also thought to increase the blood supply to the area, and release endorphins.
Thus, reducing pain, and promoting healing.
Why would someone seek acupuncture treatment?
If you are looking for a safe, and effective way to treat the body naturally, by enhancing normal physiology (the way the body functions), then acupuncture may be right for you.
Some of the most common conditions, or symptoms, that people seek out Acupuncture treatment:
- Fertility- Many couples experience difficulty in getting pregnant. Acupuncture, chiropractic and functional medicine treatment help restore normal function to the reproductive system and the body as a whole, allowing the couple to conceive. Acupuncture and specific supplementation can be used by itself or in conjunction with IVF and IUI. Studies have shown that IVF is more successful when acupuncture is used in conjunction.
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)- This often is in conjunction with fertility issues, but it also has many hormonal symptoms, even if this woman is not trying for a family yet.
- PMS or Irregular Cycles
- Abnormal Fetal Positioning, or Breech- Using acupuncture in combination with chiropractic care, to get the best results for a head down positioning.
- Back Pain during Pregnancy or in General
- Inducing Labor- When the mother is past 40 weeks and a medical induction has been scheduled, acupuncture can help to start labor or further labor along.
- Chronic Pain
- Allergies and Sinus Issues
We see many children in our office, and acupuncture can be used to help the little ones too. Needles are not used for the treatment of children, instead acupressure can be used. Some of the conditions and symptoms that children may present with are:
- Sinus Issues
- Chronic Illness
- Ear Infection
- Teething Pain
The Acupuncture services we provide can undoubtedly be the missing link or solution, to the health problems you are currently facing. Call today for a consultation! We will be more than happy to go over your specific concerns, and the best course of treatment for you.